My Resource Library Launches Version 5.0
We are thrilled to announce that on Friday, we will release an updated version of their award-winning software designed to further streamline the specification process as well as provide instant access to all of the latest industry trends and news. This new version of the software will be immediately available to MRL’s free, public userbase. It will then be integrated for all MRL Upgraded Pro accounts in the coming weeks following personalized training sessions.
My Resource Library first launched in 2013 with a robust set of tools that allowed anyone involved in contract specification to access a single virtual site for consistent, updated information that reduces work hours and specification errors. In addition to organized, easy access to updated materials, MRL also focused on creating tools that allow those in the contract design industry to share information easily with clients and collaborators.
With the release of MRL 5.0, users can expect a simpler and easier to navigate interface, as well as other tools focused on streamlining the user experience on every level.
“This version of the software is all about making our users’ experience the best it can be while they’re on our platform,” said Jeff Carlson, Co-Founder and Principal at MRL. “We’ve really put a lot of time and resources into building a platform that meets the unique needs of the industry. It’s all about listening to our users and building tools they want and need.”
Some of the features in MRL 5.0 that focus around simplification and enhancing productivity include:
- A whole new look to the dashboard and library locations. This simpler setup makes navigation easy and cuts down on time spent between libraries.
- Improved search functionality, including keyword-based search, makes finding what you’re looking for lightning fast!
- A revamped and reimagined project tool that makes it easier to share projects with collaborators and clients.
- CET Designer and Project Matrix integration for those manufacturers that are participating.
- The MRL extension is now available on the CET Marketplace.
- An improved Help section with detailed videos and written instruction makes getting software help seamless and fast.
In addition to simplified tools meant to help streamline the specification process and workflow for the user, MRL has also focused on building an entirely new experience within the library focused on inspiration and creativity. This new experience and section of the software is called The Hub.
“The Hub makes it easy for users to browse trends and get inspiration in the same place that they are already gathering their information for specification,” said Jim Palmitier, President at MRL. “It’s truly a “hub” for all that’s going on in the industry.”
The Hub is designed to give users access to a wide range of inspiration and design-focused photos and other media that is then connected and searchable based on product and manufacturer. Essentially, a user can browse the library of inspiration photos, see something they like, and then click-through directly to that product in the specification library. It makes the specification process fun, while also eliminating much of the tedious work that can bog down designers.
Highlights of The Hub:
- The Hub is the new name for the totally revamped Fresh Ideas section of MRL. This updated setup will include a fully searchable product base as well as inspiration galleries.
- The addition of Manufacturer galleries and Design Firm galleries provides a fully searchable experience where users will go for inspiration.
- Upgraded Pro Accounts can build a custom Hub section to share standards, typicals, and projects with their internal team.
- Search for products and manufacturers directly from The Hub inspiration galleries.
My Resource Library is looking forward to educating its users on all of the new features of MRL 5.0, and illustrating all of the new and exciting ways that My Resource Library can support the specification and design workflows.
If you have questions about scheduling a PRO Member Training or clarification on any of the new features in MRL 5.0, please contact one of the following: